|Lecture (CSI 2120):||MW 5:00-6:15 p.m. P. S. Krishnaprasad|
|Office Hours (AVW 2233):||M 6:30-8:00 pm; Tu 5:10-7:00 pm|
Special Announcements (in reverse chronological order)
8. Mid Term EXAM II moved to Wednesday April 29 (see email about this - also indicates extra office hours)
7. Homework Sets 5, 6 and 7 sent in single file by email to class - staggered due dates respectively April 20, April 22 and April 29
6. Homework Set 4 posted - due date THURSDAY March 12.
5. Mid-term examination 1 is moved to Monday, March 2 (in class, closed-book) due to delay caused by snow closing (course outline updated to reflect this). Homework Assignment 3 - do the online problem set 3 (both parts) - DUE DATE Wednesday, February 25. For material on PLANAR systems refer to my Lecture Notes 4 online (largely a review of undergraduate ODE material). READ Lecture Notes 3 on Contraction etc..
4. Homework 2 is posted - note also reading assignments included in this. Due date Monday February 16, 2015. Note also a correction of a mistake in problem 2 homework 2 - it should have read, from initial (x = 0, y = 0, \theta = \pi/2) to final (x=1, y = 0, \theta = \pi/2). I switched the final coordinates for x and y in the original.
3. Course outline updated - reflects change of time for only the TAKE HOME PART of the final exam - to Wednesday, May 20, 4:00 - 7:00 pm.
2. Homework Problem Set 1 is posted - due date Monday, February 9, 2015, in class at the beginning of class. Associated reading assignment: You are required to read ahead Lecture Notes 1(a), 1(b), 1(c) and be prepared for my presentation of Lecture Notes 2(a) on Monday February 2. Part of the material in Lecture Notes 2(b) is motivation for Lie brackets
1. A first set of lecture notes and references has been posted; UPDATED course outline (with information on finals) posted.
My lecture notes on Optimal Control (ENEE 664)
My lecture notes on (Linear) System Theory (ENEE 660)
Website for Feedback Systems: An Introduction for Scientists and Engineers by K. J. Astrom and R. M. Murray On-line readable book
Notes on Lie Algebras by Hans Samelson A classic
Roger Howe's 1983 paper (Very basic Lie theory); corrections to Howe's paper (1984)
Paper by Wei and Norman on product of exponentials representation (1964)
Motion, Control and Geometry Four expository articles illustrating nonlinear control in action
Two classic papers by Roger Brockett Lie Algebras and Lie Groups in Control Theory (1973) and Nonlinear Systems and Differential Geometry (1976)
Real Analysis Book by Cinlar and Vanderbei - material useful in Systems courses
About Sophus Lie
About Stefan Banach
About A. M. Lyapunov
About G. D. Birkhoff